Project Management for Construction Financial Professionals
Feb 21, 2024 - 3:00 PM (ET) - Live, Online
Hosted by CFMA
About this Event
Wednesday, February 21 & Thursday, February 22, 2024
3-5 PM (ET), 12-2 PM (PT)
The success of a construction project results from the contributions and strengths of the entire team, including the financial professional, and requires open communication, understanding, and collaboration. Managing, tracking, and forecasting the financial results on a construction project require understanding each phase of the project.
This program teaches construction financial professionals the language of construction project management, how the information available relates to each phase of the project, and provides expert insight on what can go wrong.
This course will take you on a journey through a sample job and map it through every project phase including the adjustment and alignment of financials/data and how to best collaborate with the project manager to deliver the most profitable results.
After this session, attendees will be able to:
- Explain the structure and activities required for successful project management.
- List the project management steps and discuss the importance of collaboration with other construction project stakeholders.
- Identify potential project risks at all stages of the process.
- Describe all aspects of the contract life cycle, including all facets of project bid, acquisition, contract initiation, construction, and completion, including both operational and financial aspects.
- Discuss opportunities to improve communication to enhance project performance and safety.
Level & Prerequisites
This is a group-internet based course at the Basic Level. No prerequisites or advanced preparation required. A basic understanding of construction accounting and financial management is recommended.
Earn 1.0 CPE credit in the field of Finance and 3.0 CPE credits in the field of Management Services. Please note that CPE credit can only be earned by attending the live session and is not available by watching the recording.
Earn 4.0 CCIFP Professional Development credits toward the General or Construction Requirement.
Who Should Attend?
- Financial managers and other professionals who work with construction projects and/or interface with project managers
- Legal departments
- Operations teams
- Other professionals who may have managed financials for non-construction-related industries, such as surety, banking, and insurance professionals
- Risk/insurance professionals
- $150 for CFMA Members
- $209 for Non-Members
If you plan to view this program as part of a group and need to earn CPE credit, please contact CFMA at email@example.com at least one day before the start of the program.
CFMA Colleague Discount
If you are a CFMA member and would like to enroll someone at your company in this course who is not a CFMA member, please contact CFMA at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
CFMA Group Discount
If you are interested in registering a group of individuals at your company, please contact CFMA at email@example.com for more information.