The RSM IT Roadmap presentation will be a discussion on the role IT should have for forward thinking, growth oriented organizations.
Specific topics covered within the presentation will include a summary of key functions within an IT function and what roles they should play, including IT organization, business applications, infrastructure, and security.
RSM will also discuss the importance of aligning an IT Strategy that supports an organization’s business strategy. Finally, RSM will cover how to develop a 3-5 year IT roadmap with key tactical and strategic initiatives to implement that will realize the IT vision.
Christopher M. Wetmore
Principal – Boston, MA
Summary of Experience
Christopher Wetmore is a principal in RSM’s Technology Advisory practice. He has over fifteen years of accomplished and diverse IT functional experience. Prior to joining RSM, Chris worked as a Project Manager/Business analyst as part of Proctor & Gamble and the Publicis Group. Chris specialized in IT organizational design & strategy, project management, vendor and software selections, business process re-design, as well as the implementation of various enterprise applications.
Following his time at Publicis Group, Chris worked as a senior consultant, project management and business analysis professional at Collaborative Consulting. While in this role he efficiently leveraged business resources to define and impr
ove business processes and goals. After that, he worked at Homesite Insurance Company as a business analyst and project manager focusing on Claims Enterprise Management and Business Objects Reporting.
As a Principal at RSM, Chris has continued to focus on IT optimization & assessments, IT Due Diligence, business process re-engineering, software selection, and business Intelligence. He has recently completed IT Rapid Assessments/Strategies for multiple real estate/construction, professional services, and life sciences organization. In addition, Chris leads RSM’s national Robotic Process Automation (RPA) practice. His team is responsible for identifying, building and deploying bots for clients to automate manual processes using the latest RPA technology.
- Microsoft SQL
- RPA – Automation Anywhere
- Business Intelligence Tools – Business Objects, MicroStrategy, SSRS
- Corporate Performance Management – Prophix, Adaptive Planning
- Multiple Microsoft Products – including SharePoint & Microsoft 365
- BS in Computer Information Systems, Bentley University
- Masters Certificate Project Management, George Washington University
- MBA, Bentley University
Manager, Management Consulting
RSM US LLP
Summary of experience
Olga Alemany is a Manager in RSM’s management consulting practice. She brings over 7 years of experience in finance, accounting and technology and a focus on growing client relationships. Olga has had exposure to various industries including construction, real estate, not-for-profit, life sciences and public sector where she has helped firms with business process design, software selection, system implementation and integration. Olga focuses on working with the office of the CFO, helping to define finance and IT strategy, as well as overall business process improvement opportunities. Olga has concrete project management skills and experience implementing various enterprise applications.
Olga’s relevant experience includes:
- Conducted various Rapid Assessments® for clients in areas including general business, finance and accounting, payroll and human resources, IT strategy, and business process.
- Conducted a finance Rapid Assessment for a growing construction management firm with a focus on business process improvement opportunities. Subsequent work included:
- Assistance planning for and implementing a total finance transformation, including reorganization of finance team and responsibilities, core finance business process redesign, and enhancing existing technology stack.
- Led a software selection project for a new integrated ERP system and helped design future state application architecture, business processes, and organizational design
- Led multiple strategic engagements for a multi-billion dollar, rapidly growing general contractor, including:
- Assessment of HR and Payroll operations, resulting in numerous recommendations for improvement of current controls, application use, and roles and responsibilities
- Assessment of current Benefits function and reconciliation of benefits plans to system configuration
- Annual review of IT security and payment systems and associated controls
Developed an application strategy for a $300M self-performing specialized contractor. Subsequent work included leading an accelerated software selection for a new integrated ERP system.